photo credit to Harold Dela Fuente
Like the CM Flare, the MyPhone A848i Duo is going to run on a 1Ghz Dual core processor, with 512 MB RAM, 4GB Rom, and will have a 4.0 inch IPS-WVGA display. It will also have 3G connectivity and a VGA front cam. Unlike the CM Flare, the battery rating for this phone is a little bit bigger, but only by an additional 100 mAh at 1600 mAh (but this is still to be confirmed). This unit also seems to be a rebrand of the i-mobile i-style Q3 coming out of Thailand (I think. I can't be sure. The pages are all in Thai).
So far no release date has been announced and the price that's been floating around has only been hearsay and rumor, but if it's true, the A848i can be yours for Php 6,999 (as much as an A878).
Now, seeing as this unit has nearly identical specs to the CM flare, but is more expensive by Php 3,000, would you buy it? Knowing that there's a 4.3 inch 3G toting, front facing VGA camera having A898 out there for just 500 pesos more, would you buy it?
Personally, if I had to choose between a rebrand carried by MyPhone and a rebrand carried by CherryMobile, it will more than likely come down to price.
Rumored Specs of the A848i Duo
• Dual Sim / Dual Standby
• 4" IPS-WVGA Capacitive Touchscreen (480 x 800 pixels)
• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
• 512MB RAM / 1GHz Dual Core Processor
• 4GB internal memory, 2.56GB usable, expandable to 32GB via microSD
• 1600mAh Lypolymer Battery
• Motion Sensor / Proximity Sensor
• Triband GSM
• 3G / WiFi Hotspot / GPS
• HSDPA 7.2Mbps / TV-Out
• Dual Camera: 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash (Main) / VGA Camera (Front)
• 720p HD Video Recording
• JAVA / EDGE / WAP / GPRS / SMS / MMS
• MP3 / Multimedia Player / FM Radio
• Pinoy Phone Apps.
• 3.5mm Headset Jack / 2.0 Micro USB
• Rumored SRP: Php 6,999