Monday, June 4, 2007

Hankering for a Camera: 50 Megapixels crammed in Canon CMOS Prototype

Ok. No camera yet. But heck, if a camera does come out with one of these, I'd want one.

Apparently, the 50 megapixel CMOS sensor that the company is working on is meant for a large format surveillance camera for monitoring a massive and active area, such as parking lots and theme parks. It could also be used to monitor detail heavy work in factory part inspections. However, seeing as they've been able to make a 19 x 28 mm sensor prototype, the same dimensions as the sensors currently used in DSLRs, we might, one day, in the far future, see one of these babies mounted in a commercially available camera. When it does, I bet it's going to cost an arm and a leg... heck, I've got two of those. I can take pictures with just one of either, can't I?

source

No comments: