Monday, August 15, 2016

Hankering for a Bluetooth Headset: Zungle Panther, Bone-Conducting Audio Shades

In my life as an auditory media consumer, be it music, radio, or podcasts, I have found that the use of cabled headsets problematic. You get a free headset with your phone, or can easily buy a better one to replace that for cheap, but the cables always get in the way and sometimes break easily and often.

As you can imagine, I've found the answer in bluetooth headsets. I've owned and gone through at least 4 myself, and while these were mostly wire and tangle free, and often had additional controls on the headsets themselves, I've yet to find one that gives me the freedom to use them in almost any setting, be it at the gym, riding a motorcycle, or just doing my regular thing. 

Behold the Zungle Panther: the world's first bone-conducting audio shades. 



These specs carry bone conduction technology, which transfers the audio signal received via bluetooth through your skull, leaving your ears free to receive environmental sounds. With the built-in mic and once paired with your phone, you'll be able to answer calls easily. 



The built in battery, chargeable via hidden usb port, gives up to 4 hours of listening time on 1 hour charge, while the innovative jog-dial gives you immediate intuitive control.



The frames come in different colors, while the lenses are easily replaceable and compatible with Oakley Frogskin lenses, giving the user endless options to express their style. Personally, I'd love to use them as my everyday specs. 

This revolutionary bit of audio-optical kit isn't yet out on the market. The company is still running a Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaign to fund their efforts. 

Definitely tech worth hankering for. 

No comments: